- 1 or 2 x 125g balls of buffalo mozzarella
- 400g spaghetti
- 4 tsp of small capers
- 1 red onion – finely chopped
- Pinch of sugar
- 6 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil and extra for drizzling
- 500g of red ripe cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Bunch mint, leave torn
- Handful chives snipped
- 1 red chili, deseeded and finely chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Put the juice of 1 lemon and zest in a large bowl and add onion while also seasoning it with pepper and salt. Set aside for 10 minutes to allow the onion to soften a little.
- Bring the spaghetti to a boil for 10 minutes. Add the chili, sugar and oil capers into the lemony onions and season as you wish.
- When the spaghetti is ready, drain it and toss it with a splash of oil. Leave to cool. Put into the bowl with the dressing, add tomatoes and herbs and toss well. Put the buffalo mozzarella in and top with herbs while also drizzling with oil to serve.
2. Buffalo Mozzarella Salad Recipe
- Buffalo mozzarella
- Fresh basil leaves
- English cucumber chopped roughly
- Baby gem lettuce leaves
- 2 avocados peeled and sliced thinly
- 3 cups of mixed tomatoes chopped/halved
- 2 ears of corn – peeled and kernels sliced off
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- ½ clove of garlic – crushed
- ¼ cup of fresh lemon juice
- Pepper and salt to taste
- Arrange all the ingredients on a serving plate
- Place the buffalo mozzarella in the middle after slicing it
- Whisk together the garlic, lemon, olive, pepper and salt, and then pour over the salad
- 2 pizza dough balls of about 9 ounces each at room temperature
- Uncooked tomato sauce
- 2 cups of diced fresh mozzarella
- Coarse sea salt
- 1 ball of fresh burrata cheese
- ¼ cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves – minced
- Heat the oven to 500 degrees F
- To prepare the dough, press the dough balls into a flat disk on a slightly flavored breadboard or counter. Using your knuckles and fingers, carefully press the dough out into a 12 – 14-inch circle.
- Place the dough on a baking peel coated lightly with flour or cornmeal
- Brush the 2-inch outer part of the dough with olive oil. Then place a large scoop of sauce onto each of the pizzas and spread across the pizza evenly leaving 1-inch edge.
- Scatter the mozzarella cheese on each of the pizzas and add some of the basil leaves on top of them.
- Sprinkle them with a little coarse sea salt and bake each of the pizzas for about 10 minutes or until brown inside the oven. Turn the pizzas halfway to make them bake evenly.
- Remove the pizzas from oven and then cut the ball of burrata open. Spoon some of the curds on top of each pizza.
- Serve and enjoy.
Buffalo Mozzarella Appetizer
What Does Mozzarella Pair Well With?
Can You Melt Buffalo Mozzarella?
Is There A Difference Between Buffalo Mozzarella And Regular Mozzarella?
The Bottom Line