Risotto is a delicious and comforting dish that is perfect for cold weather. It is traditional Italian rice cooked with butter, broth, Parmesan cheese, seasonal vegetables and white wine.
In Italy, risotto recipes are considered one of the most essential and loved dishes. Whether risotto is made with seafood, vegetables, or wine, it is always a dish you will remember for its taste and flavor. If you are looking for a delicious Italian dish, risotto is the king.
This blog post has compiled a list of the most delicious risotto recipes of all time. Whether you are looking for a new dish to make for your friends or you are craving a different take on your favorite Italian dish, we have you covered.
The Most Delicious Risotto Recipes
Risotto is an Italian rice dish that is usually made with Arborio or Carnaroli rice, broth, and Parmesan cheese. The dish is typically cooked slowly in butter and is then finished with white wine and/or stock.
This dish is typically served as a first course, but it has also been served as a dessert. The dish has been described as a "rich, creamy one-pot rice dish."
The liquid is typically stock but can be made from wine, water, or broth. The vegetables can be whatever you have on hand. Risotto is a quick and easy dish to make that is sure to please the whole family.
Today, I have gathered the best risotto recipes ever for you. From the classic to the exotic, these dishes are sure to please your taste buds. Here are the most delicious Italian recipes ever:
1. Green Bean Risotto Recipes
This runner bean and broad bean risotto is one of the most delicious green bean risotto recipes that is easy and fast to prepare. It is an amazing summer dish, perfect for your family or friends. The good thing about this green bean risotto recipe is that it cuts out the usual stirring known with risotto, making it easy.
· 150g/5½ oz of green beans
· 300g/10½ oz of risotto rice
· 1 finely chopped large onion
· 3 knobs of butter
· 200g/7 oz of cooked broad beans
· 1 liter/1¾ pint of vegetable
· 50g/2 oz of finely grated parmesan cheese and extra
· Freshly ground black pepper
· 1 heaped tablespoon of chopped fresh herbs (a mixture of chives, tarragon, chervil and flatleaf parsley)
1. String the green beans and slice them into ¾ inch/2cm and cook in a pan of boiling water until tender
2. Put the extra virgin olive oil in a large saucepan with a lid, then add the chopped onion and cook it over low heat for about 3 to 4 minutes, until softened.
3. Stir the rice in and cook for a further 2 to 3 minutes and stir continuously
4. Pour the stock over, stir it in and cover the lid. Cook it over low heat for about 15 to 17 minutes, until the rice becomes tender.
Stir the butter, parmesan, the remaining green beans and season it to taste with freshly ground Pepper And Salt. Sprinkle The Herbs Over It And Serve Immediately.
2. Chicken Risotto Recipes (Mushroom And Chicken Risotto)
If you are looking for chicken risotto recipes that pop, this chicken and mushroom risotto is the best. It is creamy and comforting risotto. If you have leftover chicken, this risotto is the perfect way to use it.
· 1.4l hot chicken stock
· 150ml of dry white wine
· 300g arborio risotto rice
· 250g of chestnut mushrooms, sliced thickly
· 140g of cooked and chopped chicken
· 1 large onion, halved and finely chopped
· 85g of smoked bacon lardons
· 50g of butter
· ½ small pack of chopped flat-leaf parsley
· 50g grated parmesan and extra
1. In a large pan, heat the butter. Add the lardon and fry the two over low-medium heat. Stir the onion in and fry for additional 10 minutes until the onion becomes soft and not colored.
2. Add in the mushroom and continue to cook it, stirring it for 5 minutes. Add in the risotto rice and cook it over medium heat for about 2 minutes until the rice starts to turn translucent.
3. Pour the white wine in and let it bubble away over the heat. Add in a quarter of the chicken stock and then set the timer to 20 minutes.
4. While you continue to cook, stir it frequently and top it up with a splash of more stock as the mixture absorbs it. You can do this in three stages until the rice is cooked and most of the stock is absorbed. The texture should be creamy, like rice pudding.
5. Stir in the chicken, warm briefly and turn off the heat. Add parsley and parmesan and cover and leave it to rest for 5 minutes so that the rice can absorb the liquid.
6. Season it to taste and serve immediately with extra parmesan, as you like.
3. Lobster Risotto Recipes
Everyone should taste this lobster risotto recipe at least once in a lifetime because you do not want to regret not trying it. This is a delicious recipe that will delight your palate.
· 3/4 cup of butter
· 2 finely chopped medium onions
· ¼ cup of virgin olive oil
· 2 cups of arborio, carnaroli or any short-grain white rice
· Meat from 1cooked lobster, chopped
· ½ cup of grated parmesan
· 2 tablespoons of minced chives
· About 6 cups of lobster stock
· Freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat the stock and keep it warm in a medium pot
2. Put a large, wide saucepan over medium-high heat and melt the butter in the oil. Add in the onions and sauté them for about 2 minutes until it becomes translucent. Add in a pinch of salt, add rice and constantly stir for 2 minutes. Add in 1 cup of broth and then simmer, stirring until the broth is almost absorbed. Add more broth, a cup at a time, letting each addition be absorbed before you add the next. Stir it often. Cook it until the rice becomes tender and creamy, about 20 to 25 minutes.
3. Add the lobster meat and stir until it is heated through. Add in chives and ¼ cup of the parmesan. Serve hot.
4. Hello Fresh Balsamic Tomato Parmesan Recipe
What is not to love about this balsamic tomato parmesan risotto? This risotto is a comforting and luxurious dish that will always satisfy your palate. Though people say risotto is difficult, this hello fresh balsamic tomato parmesan recipe is straightforward to make.
Ingredients (2 people)
· 2 units of veggie stock concentrate
· 5 teaspoons of basil oil
· 5 teaspoons of balsamic vinegar
· 4 ounces of grape tomatoes
· 1 unit of zucchini
· ¼ cup of parmesan cheese
· 1 tablespoon of Tuscan heat spice
· 2 units of scallions
· ¾ cup of arborio rice
· 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil
· Kosher salt
· 1 tablespoon of butter
1. Add 4 cups of water and stock concentrates in a medium pot. Bring it to boil and then reduce to a lower simmer. Wash all produce and dry them. Thinly slice scallions and separate greens from white.
2. Heat a drizzle of oil over medium heat in a large pan. Then add scallion whites and cook for 1 minute until softened. Add in rice alongside 2 teaspoons of Tuscan heat spice. Stir until the rice is translucent, about 1 to 2 minutes. Add in ½ cup of stock and stir until almost all the liquid is absorbed. Repeat with the remaining stock, adding ½ cup at a time while stirring until nearly all the liquid is absorbed. For 25 to 30 minutes, do this until the rice becomes al dente and the whole mixture becomes creamy.
3. Once the risotto is cooked for about 20 minutes, trim and dice zucchini into ½-inch pieces. Cut tomatoes into halves. Bring 1 teaspoon of basil oil over medium-high heat in the second large pan. Add your zucchini and the remaining Tuscan heat spice. Then cook and stir for about 4 to 6 minutes until it is tender and becomes slightly brown.
4. Add the tomatoes and half of the vinegar to the pan with zucchini. Cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes until the tomatoes become softened. Season with pepper and salt and turn off the heat.
5. Stir in 1 tablespoon of butter once the risotto is done and add the parmesan cheese. Taste and season with pepper and salt, as needed.
6. Divide the risotto between bowls and top each bowl with scallion greens, veggies and the remaining parmesan. Then drizzle with the remaining basil oil to taste.
7. Serve immediately
The Bottom line
Risotto recipes will forever remain one of the Italian favorites and are becoming many people’s favorites worldwide.
With the four risotto recipes (green bean risotto recipes, chicken risotto recipes, lobster risotto recipes and hello fresh balsamic tomato parmesan recipes) we have described in this blog, you will surely find the one you love because all of them are delicious and easy to make.
The good thing is that all the essential ingredients you need to make these recipes are available at Dolceterra at discounted rates. It is time to start enjoying risotto!